Friday, April 22, 2011

Poll Everywhere

Today I used a a website called PollEverywhere. It allows you to create a poll or question that people can answer via SMS. I used it in my class and it was very interesting to say the least. The kids were very excited to be able to use their phones (since we have a no phones in school policy). But I let them get them out for a few minutes. This service was interesting, but it was no faster than writing. I expected kids to fire out text messages quickly - that didn't happen. It was also difficult monitoring the results. Any kid could have typed anything and it would have appeared on the LCD screen. With 7th graders, responses weren't always appropriate.

I think I'd try this again if I taught high school - I think that would be a productive usage, but I'm not sure about middle school.

Take a look below at a sample of the responses that I received.

No comments:

Post a Comment