Monday, October 18, 2010

Creative Commons and Media Use Lab




Photo Attribution:
Original Image: Greece
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2351/2095019515_e1515b19a5_b.jpg
By Enggul

This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial - No Derivs license.


Here is a picture of ancient ruins in Greece. There are many interesting things about ancient Greece that I talk about in my class. These ruins are part of them. There are many things that I can do with Creative Commons images like this. First, I could use them in my lectures or PowerPoints. I could also compile images like this that my students could use for reports. I do always have to make sure though that the licensing would allow my students to use them, and modify them if needed. Using these photos are a good way to bring far away places into the classroom. This makes it easy for students to make connections and to become active learners.







Here is a link to my Picasa album.


I only have one photo uploaded now, but I hope to add more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment